Monday, June 05, 2006
Running again
I thought I would try out this new font just to see if it works on the blog. It is a Da Vinci font, and I know that he is awfully popular at the moment, what with the book and all that. It doesn’t seem to be that great on the Microsoft word as I type but we’ll see what it does when I switch it over to the blog.
Okay, today I ran for the first time in over 2 weeks, I yanked a hamstring and have been taking it easy trying to let it repair itself. It has been very hard to lay off it, but I did manage to ride my bike about thirteen miles or so a couple of times, so I haven’t turned into a blob.
Went to Arlington this weekend to compete in the games there, I took 1st place in the 2/4 march section with the tune “Atholl and Breadlebane Gathering”, first time I have ever taken 1st place so I am beside myself. I played a 6/8 tune as well but it was awful, I messed up a few times just in the first part. The tune was “Daft Donald”, should have been “Arse-hole Anthony”, or “Tit-headed Tony”, that’s how bad I played. My friend Doug took 3rd in that section, so we had a good weekend there.
I was completely knackered when I got home, but managed to stay up and drink 2 bottles of red plonk, and watch a film with the missus J
Only 3 weeks away from starting PA school, and I am getting excited and nervous at the same time. It’ll be a big change from working every day, but I think I can deal with it J.
On Friday night my wee one was hired (unpaid, of course) to work as a magician’s sidekick on the Paseo. She was the one to be cut in half, and it was a great performance, they did the show 5 times to about 50 or more people. The best thing was that she loved doing it, and everyone who saw the show loved watching it. I am proud of the daft ha’peth.
Well I shall go and see what this looks like on the blog,
Aurevoire
As you can see the font didn't transfer.
Okay, today I ran for the first time in over 2 weeks, I yanked a hamstring and have been taking it easy trying to let it repair itself. It has been very hard to lay off it, but I did manage to ride my bike about thirteen miles or so a couple of times, so I haven’t turned into a blob.
Went to Arlington this weekend to compete in the games there, I took 1st place in the 2/4 march section with the tune “Atholl and Breadlebane Gathering”, first time I have ever taken 1st place so I am beside myself. I played a 6/8 tune as well but it was awful, I messed up a few times just in the first part. The tune was “Daft Donald”, should have been “Arse-hole Anthony”, or “Tit-headed Tony”, that’s how bad I played. My friend Doug took 3rd in that section, so we had a good weekend there.
I was completely knackered when I got home, but managed to stay up and drink 2 bottles of red plonk, and watch a film with the missus J
Only 3 weeks away from starting PA school, and I am getting excited and nervous at the same time. It’ll be a big change from working every day, but I think I can deal with it J.
On Friday night my wee one was hired (unpaid, of course) to work as a magician’s sidekick on the Paseo. She was the one to be cut in half, and it was a great performance, they did the show 5 times to about 50 or more people. The best thing was that she loved doing it, and everyone who saw the show loved watching it. I am proud of the daft ha’peth.
Well I shall go and see what this looks like on the blog,
Aurevoire
As you can see the font didn't transfer.