Friday, March 03, 2006
Flies!!!!!
Another week almost over. I have not had time to sit down much at the computer until today. Yesterday at genetics we were told that we have to bring a couple of bottles of wmf flies home with us and collect virgin females all week. Every 8 hours we have to trap the adults, sex them, see if they are virgins and then kill the males and keep the females alive in a separate tube. It's like having a baby again, well not actually having the baby, but looking after it, except that if I just checked on a baby every 8 hours it wouldn't be a healthy baby, so I guess it is nothing like having a baby.
Beautiful weather this week, we broke a record on Wednesday hitting 92 degrees, IN MARCH! Too hot for my liking though, especially this early on in the year. Work is bareable, i only got mandatoried twice this week. But the shit is dangling awfully close to that fan, it could fall any minute........
First Friday on the Paseo tonight, should be a blast. I have invited some friends out hopefully they will make it.
Well i have to go and manipulate my flies, double entendres abound in this genetics class.
Beautiful weather this week, we broke a record on Wednesday hitting 92 degrees, IN MARCH! Too hot for my liking though, especially this early on in the year. Work is bareable, i only got mandatoried twice this week. But the shit is dangling awfully close to that fan, it could fall any minute........
First Friday on the Paseo tonight, should be a blast. I have invited some friends out hopefully they will make it.
Well i have to go and manipulate my flies, double entendres abound in this genetics class.
Comments:
<< Home
Wow Tony, you really have alot going on! Who would have known that we would be learning about genetics through flies! I commend you though for doing all you have to be doing... but I guess too that you are graduating real soon anyway so best of luck to you.
I saw your general invite to the Paseo for tonight on our class site, I was actually thinking up of rounding up some friends to go, but just too tired to be too social this evening. Still got alot to do myself this weekend.
Hope you keep blogging, its been great reading your blog(s)!
- Melissa
I saw your general invite to the Paseo for tonight on our class site, I was actually thinking up of rounding up some friends to go, but just too tired to be too social this evening. Still got alot to do myself this weekend.
Hope you keep blogging, its been great reading your blog(s)!
- Melissa
Thanks Melissa, it was a good night on the Paseo, lots of people there.
I enjoy your blog too so keep it up. Good luck in the future.
Post a Comment
I enjoy your blog too so keep it up. Good luck in the future.
<< Home
